If you’re dealing with a large number of photos or images that you want to archive, trying to get them organized can be a little overwhelming. Here are some suggestions to help get your order together.
2) If you want to integrate images from negatives or slides within the order of your photos, enclose them in envelopes and note on the outside of the envelope which negative numbers you want to include. See also “How Do I Let You Know Which Negatives I Want?” on our FAQ page, “Best Practices: Handling Negatives” and “Best Practices: Viewing Negatives & Slides.”
3) Text can be added to your images if you wish to include names and/or dates. If you wish to add text, please make legible notes as needed and include them with the respective pictures/negatives.
4) If you decide that you want your images to be in a particular order, please use envelopes or manila folders, make notes, or number the pictures on the back to keep them in order, etc. Please don’t use paperclips on photos or negatives, as it can cause damage. If you write on the backs of the pictures, be aware that some ink does not dry well on some types of paper and may bleed through to the front or rub off on the prints underneath. Try to avoid this. Notes and envelopes are less likely to cause damage.
5) As you go through your images, make note of any that will need repairs or restorations. You may keep them in order with the rest of your images, but we will need to go over these individually to factor in the time likely to be involved with the restorations. You may also choose to just have them scanned for now and have them restored at a later date.
6) If you’re getting prints, as you go through your images, make note of which images need extra prints, how many prints, what size prints, etc.
7) You will receive your archived images on a disc (CD or data DVD, depending on the number of files). Consider whether you may want extra copies of the disc for other family members.
8) Additional products such as slideshow DVDs, wall canvases and photo collages are available. These can be requested at any time but if you want to include some of these options with your initial order, it may save time later.